Transcendence by Shay Savage

Transcendence - Shay Savage

I'm biased. I love cavemen. I love history. I love science. I love this book. I find the day to day activities of the Paleolithic Era interesting when some would find it boring. I think the struggle to survive is thrilling and in this case it compelled me to read on. I also love reading about love. I think Ehd is the sweetest. It's refreshing how he tries to earn his mate in the simplest, truest ways known to man. I love his narration. There is an easy connection with him. I don't think I'll ever read about anyone like Ehd again. He's genuine.
I think everyone who reads this through and through will like it, maybe even love it. I can imagine some might DNF and say it's boring. I'm almost positive they will. Read the blurb. You have to take Ehd's life for what it is, for the little knowledge we have on it. As for Elizabeth, I was curious to learn how she fit into everything. We don't get much from her in the story, only what Ehd understands. But the epilogue is all her. I loved that. It's written to come full circle and I was tempted to begin again. Transcendence is the perfect title for this lovestory that truly transcends time. ✰✰✰✰✰

And now for some caveman fun. Could you handle a caveman lifestyle?

Blurb:
It’s said that women and men are from two different planets when it comes to communication, but how can they overcome the obstacles of prehistoric times when one of them simply doesn’t have the ability to comprehend language?

Ehd’s a caveman living on his own in a harsh wilderness. He’s strong and intelligent, but completely alone. When he finds a beautiful young woman in his pit trap, it’s obvious to him that she is meant to be his mate. He doesn’t know where she came from; she’s wearing some pretty odd clothing, and she makes a lot of noises with her mouth that give him a headache. Still, he’s determined to fulfill his purpose in life – provide for her, protect her, and put a baby in her.

Elizabeth doesn’t know where she is or exactly how she got there. She’s confused and distressed by her predicament, and there’s a caveman hauling her back to his cavehome. She’s not at all interested in Ehd’s primitive advances, and she just can’t seem to get him to listen. No matter what she tries, getting her point across to this primitive, but beautiful, man is a constant – and often hilarious – struggle.

With only each other for company, they must rely on one another to fight the dangers of the wild and prepare for the winter months. As they struggle to coexist, theirs becomes a love story that transcends language and time.