Taint by SL Jennings

TAINT - S.L. Jennings

Who is Justice Drake? Well, he's nothing like I expected. He's intriguing at first, but then gets depressing, like he's living in a bad mood. He came off as monotone and brought me down and then I lost the connection. I didn't enjoy being in his head. Things turned up as soon as Ally became more prominent. She livens the book up with humor before the structure crumbles again. And you can figure what happens next, maybe even guess the ending too. I wasn't really impressed. The blurb led me to believe that he was more "hands-on" with his students and clearly he was not. That wasn't why I read it though. I thought the setting and everything representative of the main character (his history and occupation) was clever and something I had never read before—something that interested me—however, the story did not hold my interest as much as the blurb did. I'm on the fence. It was okay but I probably won't think about it ever again. Still, I can see others really enjoying it. 2★'s? 3★'s? I've still not decided.
**************************************************************************************
So...you can't turn a hoe into a housewife,
but you can turn a housewife into a whore!? Hmm