Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian

Grey - E.L. James

First, I'd like to say that Zackary Webber did a FANTASTIC job narrating GREY. I am so glad I chose to listen to this audiobook. I read this series 3 years ago, really enjoyed it, and have always wondered what went on in the mind of Christian Grey. I think everyone can agree that the price of knowing is ridonkadickulous, but it is what it is, stated right on the coverGrey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian, so it's best to leave your expectations at the door. "Re-reading" this story was only a little familiar having forgotten most of what takes place. Yes, there were times I thought it was gonna be the mirror image of Fifty Shades, but I was pleased to find new material. I was glad to finally get some answers, but since he's never been a hard puzzle to solve, I had the feeling I already knew as much. Though the heartbreak completely gutted me, I looked forward to it. It is what kept me reading. His nightmares and dark thoughts were my favorite parts. By the end, everything I loved about Christian Grey came flooding back to me. I know now that he tried, he wanted more, and he came to enjoy the hearts & flowers. And now I'm sitting here writing this review, listening to Damien Rice, thinking about gliders and Charlie Tango. It's at the tip of my tongue to say that I prefer Christian's POV over Ana's. I might take it back because I don't think I can compare the experience of that first read, so I'll just make note that I am going back and forth about it internally.